I wanted a lot of candles on the tables, but also didn't want to give the guests something corny, so I made personalized candles and matches that each guest could take home at the end of the night. So the table was beautifully lit with candles but also, at the end of the night I wasn't stuck with 200 extra candles to clean up!
What you need:
- Small Votive Candles - Hobby Lobby has packs for $5 bucks, Or Joann Fabrics, Michaels, etc.
- Sticker paper - this was a tricky part but worth it
- Plain matches, or buy personalized cheap matchbooks from theknot.com when they are on sale!
• Make a design, or have someone design the stickers
• Cut, and stick onto candles carefully
• flatten out bubbles
• use exacto knife to cut of ends and straighten sticker
• Keep boxes candles came in, to re-store them